Tuesday, September 27, 2005

27/09/05

Not been blogging so far this week as I've been backtesting and really getting into the ACD system as well as going over most of my own stuff again. I'm pretty impressed with ACD and the other info Mark Fisher and his company have is also pretty interesting (the Nymex symposium videos are good too). His book is well presented and concise also.

So far this week I've used it as a confirmation signal on a USDCAD trade yesterday:

+39

It got me out of a EUR JPY trade today for -22, where I reversed at 135.66, some profits were taken at 136.01 and the rest is put to breakeven +1 as I'm heading to bed soon.

-22

35 +1

I'm also short the euro from 1.2027, SL 1.2055. Got a limit to exit set at 1.1997. Should have taken the usdjpy trade though as it's set up was better.

edit: closed eurjpy at 136.16 (projected daily high) so total is 50pips (didn't go to bed...)

edit 2: euro trade - half taken at 1.2010, rest moved to breakeven +1
17 + 1

Total so far this week (not including the full euro trade yet)

+84

edit 3: closed euro trade at 1.2003, think I was a bit brave/greedy thinking it would hit 1.1997. It may very well continue but there's some stiff resistance there and waiting for a c0uple of pips when bed is calling is daft.

+30

-------------------------------------------------------------
Total so far this week:
+96 (updated with euro closed trade)
-------------------------------------------------------------

put a small buy limit at 135.55 on the eurjpy SL 135.15





Comments:
Hello,
I am also starting to test the acd method. Unfortunatley i am sitting on the other side of the earth - in germany.
But I opened a blog mainly to collect info's and learning material.
http://micro-acd.blogspot.com/

regards ines
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?